If used as trigger-clock-to-MIDI-clock-converter or MIDI-clock-to-trigger-clock-converter, there is always a MIDI-clock-signal (incl. start/stop) sent at the "midi out"-jack. At the tip of the "clock"-phone-jack, an analog trigger-clock-signal (v-trigger: 0v/5v, s-trigger "open"/"closed") is sent. The tip of the "start/stop"-phone-jack is 5v while the masterclock is running and 0v while the masterclock is paused for v-trigger and "closed" while the masterclock is running and "open" while the masterclock is paused, if s-trigger is used.
A clock-source can be connected to the "midi in"-jack or to the ring of the "clock"- and "start/stop"-phone-jack.
Normal insert-cables can be used to connect the analog inputs/outputs. If only the analog outputs are used, normal phone-jack-cables (mono or stereo) can be used.
The following parameters can be adjusted:
1. clock-source (MIDI-clock or analog trigger-clock).
2. Trigger-type of the analog input (s-trigger or v-trigger).
3. Trigger-type of the analog output (s-trigger or v-trigger).
4. Clock-divider of the incoming analog trigger-clock (1/4, 1/8. 1/16 or 1/32).
5. Clock-divider of the outgoing analog trigger-clock (1/4, 1/8. 1/16 or 1/32).
6. Pulse-length of the outgoing analog trigger-clock (adjustable in 6 steps, the pulse-length is calculated dependent on clock-divider and clock-frequency).
In addition to the clock-signal, start-/stop-signals from the masterclock are detected and processed, but it it also possible to send start-/stop-signals manual.
The settings for the analog output (trigger.type out, clock.divider out and pulse.length) can be changed without losing synchronisation, while the masterclock is running.
The audiowerkstatt trigger2midi2trigger can also be used as a tool for analog-trigger-signals, if it isn't used as a converter.
The following uses are possible:
a) „S-trigger“ to „v-trigger“ converter
b) „V-trigger“ to „s-trigger“ converter
c) Analog clock-divider
d) Analog clock-multiplier
e) Gate to trigger converter
f) Trigger to gate converter with adjustable gate-length
Details can be found in the manual.